Saturday 4 February 2012

Writing for a purpose?

I enjoy writing, and I think i'm pretty good at it (When I actually plan what I want to write).

I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine the other day about school, and how shit it was. At the time, I thought school was horrendous. A waste of time, an excuse to not get a job. But now I look back at it, despite all it's downfalls, I really enjoyed school.

I also had time to contemplate the different subjects I did, and how I was good at them, and really enjoyed them, but decided to drop them because school made them boring.
Point in case: English - I love English! It's an amazing subject, I love reading and writing, but school made it so unenjoyable that I couldn't stand it. Now I wish I had taken it further.
The same goes for Chemistry and Physics - I detested them both while at school, but now when I look back at them now, I actually really enjoyed them, and I was good at them too!

Then I have to think that if I hadn't chosen the subjects I did, would I be where I am now? - Probably not.
And to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way.

However, English is the one that has stuck in my head the most. I really love it, and would love a way to try and combine it with my current interests.
Perhaps one day i'll find a way to do it. (Maybe even make an interesting and exciting blog about my travels as a geographer!)

So do I write for a purpose? - No I don't. I just enjoy it too much...


(This one doesn't really have a purpose, but it's so damn cute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment