Saturday 7 January 2012

Song writing

I've always wanted to play my own music, ever since I first picked up a guitar. Being able to turn on the radio and hear one of my own songs being played has been a dream of mine for quite a while.
Theres only one problem, I struggle to write songs.

I can't sing, so i'm already deficient of one component for a song. But then again, I can't write lyrics either, i'm just not that sort of writer.
I can't conjure up some inner emotions and write them out into lyrics. My mind just doesn't work like that.

I can write reasonable guitar tunes. Mostly just chord sequences, as I seem to pitch myself more as an acoustic guitarist.
But then trying to think of a rhythm to fit them to, and then think about lyrics, it all gets too much.
It seems to me like I need a second person to work with.

With so many other things going on at the moment, maybe I should just chill out. Enjoy whats happening at the moment. Concentrate on things that I can actually do, like Karate and Uni work, and worry about everything else later.

The sun's out, and i'm in a very contemplatory mood. Some deep thinking happening at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment