Friday 30 December 2011

Finding a Job

Why does finding a job have to be so hard?

I've got good grades, a decent amount of work experience and volunteering, but finding a job is apparently really fucking difficult. And I don't understand why.

Since being back in Chester, I must have handed out atleast 25-30 CV's and done about the same amount of online applications.
What have I gained from it?
A job that gave me 2 shifts, the terminated my contract, and 3 interviews, 2 of which didn't even get back to me to tell me that i'd not been successful.

Thats the worst part of it, when people don't even have the common decency to send a simple email, or a letter just to say that I was unsuccessful. It's just rude when they don't.

I know that in this current economic climate, and with such high levels on unemployment, companies are really getting picky about who they employ, but surely employing a student wouldn't be such a bad thing?
I know atleast 4 or 5 other students personally, who have handed out about 5 CV's, then just walked into a job. It's really very frustrating.
And now i'm riding the arse out of my overdraft...

The reason i've written this is because even though i'm at home, i'm still applying for jobs.
Just filled one out for Esso, working in the Parkgate Road garage.
Fingers crossed they get back to me!

What do you do to earn extra money?

1 comment: